GCET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus has been announced. The exam will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. It is a state level entrance exam which is conducted for various professional degree programmers. The admission will be offered on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates will able to get admission in the state government/aided engineering collages of Goa state.
GCET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus
|Name of Examination||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)|
|Exam conducted by||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa|
|Type of Examination||Goa State Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration||2 hours for each (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
|Number of Seats||approximately 1300 seats|
|Scorecard Validity||1 year|
GCET 2020 Exam date
GCET 2020 Exam date has been announced officially.
The exam will be conducted on
- 5th May 2020 ( Physics & Chemistry)
- 6th May 2020 ( Mathematics )
GCET 2020 Application fee
- The application fee is Rs. 2000/-
- All candidates have to pay Rs. 2,000 through online mode using Net-banking/Credit or Debit Card.
GCET 2020 Eligibility
- Candidates of Indian national.
Age Limit (as on 31-12-2020): Minimum 17 years
- Non-resident Indians holding Indian passport can also apply for seats reserved under NRI quota. OCI/PIO can also apply under this category.
Qualifying Exam :
- Candidates those have already passed/have appeared, or are appearing at 12th Science or equivalent examination, before the start of the academic session, are eligible to apply.
Minimum Marks :
- Candidates should have secured 45% for general & 40% for reserved categories.
- English, Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with additional subject among one of them Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology/Chemistry.
Score Card :
- Candidates desirous of seeking admissions to Degree Courses in Architecture must appear and have a valid score in NATA 2020.
GCET Exam pattern
Go through the GCET exam pattern to appear in the written test:
- The exam will be conducted on Offline mode. ( hand writing OMR ).
- To complete the whole exam, 2 hrs. will be allotted to the candidates.
- Each paper will consist of 75 questions .
- Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Correct answer will carry 1 mark for each question.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong/multiple answers.
- Candidates seeking admissions only to Pharmacy Course need not appear in Mathematics subject at GCET.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||No. of Questions|
The syllabus for GCET will be based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim. Standard 12th (Science) subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be included in the syllabus. The official authority will also provide the complete syllabus along with the information brochure.
GCET 2020 Important dates
|Releasing of application form||1st week of April|
|Last date to submit form||Last week of April|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April|
|GCET Exam Date||5th May (Physics & Chemistry) & 6th May (Mathematics)|
|Availability of answer key||3rd week of May|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May|
|Commencement of counselling||Last week of May|
GCET 2020 Application Form Download
- Candidates have to download and print the application form to fill.
- Candidates have to fill the application form in their own handwriting. No Online mode will be available to fill and submit the form.
- The application form should be submitted at notified locations as per Centre opted, on specified dates along with prescribed fee.
- The GCET 2020 Application form will be started from first week of april 2020.
- Late forms will be accepted with additional late fee of Rs.1500/- till scheduled date.
- Application forms cannot not be accepted after the last date specified for submission of late forms.
- Candidates have to fill all the asked details in the application form and select the examination center also.
- The application form will be accepted only on payment of the application fee.
• Starting Date of Online Application: 26-03-2020
• Last Date of Online Application: 01-04-2020
Download GCET 2020 application form PDF Click Here
More information about GCET 2020 Click Here.