UGC NET 2020 Apply Online, Syllabus, Exam Date: ugcnet.nta.nic.in is the official website of UGC NET 2020 where you can make online Registration check for the Eligibility before Applying. The Exam Dates are already released, Check out the New Exam patter and syllabus to prepare well for the Exam. Also we will provide information about the Admit Card/Hall Ticket Download, Results and other details that are updated by the officials.
University Grants Commission (UGC), the National Eligibility Test (NET) is toughest national level exam that are conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor Both, in Indian Universities and Colleges.
UGC NET 2020 Apply Online
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct these examinations where as till 2018 these exams are conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NTA has announced UGC NET 2020 Exam Dates and there are scheduled to be conducted in various shifts from 15th to 20th June 2020.
UGC NET 2020 Official Website
|Name of Examination||UGC NET 2020|
|Exam type||National level entrance exam for lectureship and fellowship|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Post||Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship|
|Exam is conducted
||Twice in a year|
|Exam dates||15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|UGC NET 2020 official website||ugcnet.nta.nic.in|
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility
Those candidates who are interested to apply for the UGC NET must check for the Eligibility Criteria. Following are the Age Criteria and Education Qualification in which a candidate must posses for making online Registration:
- As on 31st January 2020, Candidate must have upper age limit of 30 years for Junior Research Fellow.
- There is no age limit for Assistant Professor.
- An Age relaxation of 5 years is available for OBC (NCL), SC, ST, women, and PwD candidates.
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent with at least 55% (50% for OBC/ SC/ST/ PWD and candidates belonging to Non-creamy layer) marks without rounding off from UGC recognized University.
- Those candidates who are in Final year and those who are waiting for there final results are also eligible to apply.
UGC NET Exam Dates 2020
|Start Date for Online application form||16th March 2020|
|Last date for Online Registration||16th April 2020|
|Date of issue of admit card||15th May 2020|
|Date of examination||15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020|
|Announcement of result||5th July 2020|
NTA UGC NET Application Fee
- The application Fee is Rs.1000/-
- Candidates belonging to OBC(Non-Creamy Layer) can pay Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/ PWD category candidates must pay Rs.250/- as application fee.
- Payment must be done through online mode.
- The application fee once paid is non-transferable and non-refundable.
How to apply for UGC NET 2020
The Online Registration will be started from 16th March 2020 and the Application must be submitted before 16th April 2020 where a interested and eligible candidate must fill there details and submit the Application Form by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of NTA UGC NET.
- A link of UGC NET Online Application Form will be activated on 16th March 2020.
- Enter all Your details in the given columns.
- Candidates must enter all mandatory details represented as * mark.
- Upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- It will show the applicable fee based on the provided details, Click on Make a payment.
- Candidate can pay through online and Submit the registration form.
- Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
UGC NET 2020 New Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted only in online mode through Computer Based Test. The Exam will be conducted in various shifts and your Exam date can be expected to be in between the dates 15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020.
The paper consists of two papers
First Session (Paper-1)
- Timings – 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- Duration – 1 hour (60 minutes)
- Total number of questions – 50
- Total marks – 100 marks (2 marks for each question)
- Questions type – Objective type questions
Second Session (Paper-2)
- Timings – 11:00am to 1:00 am
- Duration – 2 hour (120 minutes)
- Total number of questions – 100
- Total marks – 200 marks (2 marks for each question)
- Questions type – Objective type questions
The medium of the exam will be either Hindi or English depending on the candidate’s choice that is provided during online registration. There is no negative marking for wrong answer.
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
- UGC NET 2020 exam consists of two papers.
- The questions asked in paper-1 are designed to test the aptitude, general awareness, reason power and comprehension and intelligence of the candidates.
- The second paper will be based on the core subject of the candidate.
Candidates can go through the following UGC NET web portal for subject wise Syllabus. The subject with the respective codes are given, Candidate can download the syllabus both in English and Hindi medium. Alon with the complete syllabus the web portal also provides previous question papers go through the site and prepare according to the syllabus.
UGC NET Admit Card 2020
NTA will issue the Admit Card to the registered candidate through the official website. Candidates can download the admit cards from 15th May 2020 by entering the credentials. It is must that all the candidates are required to carry their admit cards to the examination hall on the day of the exam otherwise candidate will not be allowed to write the exam.
UGC NET Answer Key
Once the exam is over NTA will publish the answer key to all sets of the NET questions in their official portal. Answers keys will be released within few days after the conduction of the exam. Candidates can also challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied. We will also update you the links to check and Download the UGC NET 2020 Answer Keys.
NTA UGC NET Result 2020
NTA had already mentioned that the UGC NET 2020 Result will be out on 5th July 2020. The result will be made available on the official website NTA on the scheduled date. Candidates can either refer official website of NTA to get all the updates or visit this article for any updates in the information regarding UGC NET 2020 exam.
FAQs for this article
How can I apply for UGC NET 2020?
A Link will be available to you on 16th March 2020 to make online registration.
When UGC NET exam will be held in 2020?
UGC NET exam will be held from 15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020.
How many attempts are there for UGC NET?
Three attempts are allowed for JRF. But for lectureship of UGC NET there is no maximum number of attempts
When Can i download UGC NET 2020 Admit Card?
You can download UGC NET 2020 Admit Card from 15th May 2020.
What is the qualification to apply for UGC NET?
Candidate must have Master’s degree or equivalent qualification.