TISS BAT, elaborated as Tata Institute of Social Sciences Bachelor Admission Test is an entrance exam that is conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Candidates must have passed class 12 or must be appearing in the same, and must be below 23 years of age to be eligible for the exam. TISS BAT 2020 online exam will be conducted on April 28, 2020 (Tentative).
TISS BAT 2020 Notification, Registration, Syllabus, Admit Card
|Name of Exam||Tata Institute of Social Sciences Bachelor Admission Test 2020|
|Commonly known as||TISS BAT 2020|
|Level of exam||National Level|
|Frequency of exam||Once in a year|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and Undergraduate-Postgraduate Integrated|
|Mode of exam||Paper 1- Online and Paper 2- Offline|
TISS BAT 2020 Exam date
Candidates can apply for TISS BAT 2020 till March 20, 2020(Tentative). The exam will be conducted on April 28, 2020(Tentative). The results will be announced on June 8, 2020
TISS BAT 2020 Eligibility
Tata Institute of Social Sciences has laid down some eligibility criteria for its BA programs and thus for TISS BAT 2020. Here are the details of this eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board
- Those who have appeared for Class 12 examinations and are awaiting results can also apply, however, these candidates need to produce their result at the time of final selection.
- Candidate’s age must be below 23 years of age, as on April 30, 2020.
TISS BAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Examination structure of TISS BAT is divided in two parts, paper 1 and paper 2. Total time allotted for both the papers is 90 minutes. Total marks of both the papers are 100. There are separate cut offs for both the papers and candidates needs to appear and clear both of them. Candidates can take both the exams in English Medium only.
- Paper 1 is a computer based online test.
- This paper will contain questions from General Knowledge, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Mathematics.
- Candidate will be given 60 minutes to complete the test.
- This paper is of 60 marks.
- All the questions in Paper 1 are Multiple Choice Type.
- Paper 2 is a pen and paper based test.
- In this test, candidates are given 4 topics, out of which candidates have to write essay on any two topics.
- Length of the essay should be 500 words.
- Candidates will be given a time of 30 minutes to complete this test.
- This test carries a weightage of 40 marks in the total score, where each essay is of 20 marks.
- Topics of essays are generally social concerns, opinions and abstract thoughts on social issues.
TISS BAT 2020 Syllabus
TISS BAT includes subjects like
- General Awareness
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency in papar 1.
- Essay writing in Paper 2.
|SUBJECT||TOPICS TO BE STUDIED|
|English Proficiency||Idioms, Grammar and Vocabulary based Fill in the Blanks, Odd One Out, Jumbled Paragraphs, Synonym Antonyms, Spellings, Sentence Correction and Reading Comprehension.|
|Mathematics||Integers, Fractions, Time Speed Distance, Average, Simple and Compound Interest, Probability, Profit and Loss, Ratio Proportion and Variation|
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables and Venn Diagrams|
|Logical Reasoning||Alphabet Series, Number Series, Sitting Arrangements, Blood Relations, Logical Connectivity, Coding Decoding, Direction Sense, Clocks, Calendars, Puzzles, Cubes and Statement Conclusion.|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Media, Advertisements, History, Geography, Politics, Economy, Constitution, Awards, Health, Technology, Environment and Nature.|
|Essay writing||There is no specified syllabus for essay writing. Candidates must be aware of social issues in the country and must know to opinionate on those issues.|
TISS BAT 2020 Exam Center
TISS BAT 2020 will be conducted in 21 cities across the country. Candidates can fill only one choice of their preferred center in the application form. However, examination center once allotted to a candidate can not be changed.
Detailed address of the examination center will be mentioned on the admit card.
TISS BAT 2020 Cut Off
Cut Off or qualifying score is the minimum score or rank candidate needs to achieve in TISS BAT for a call for admission. TISS do not declare any cut off publicly for TISS BAT. Score of last candidate to get admission eventually ends up becoming the cut off score.
Cut off scores for TISS BAT keeps on changing every year. This is because it depends upon following factors:
- Number of candidates applying for test
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of seats available or any increase/decrease in those
- Change in Admission Policy or Procedure
TISS BAT 2020 Important dates
|Announcement of the admission||October 30, 2019|
|Last date of applying for the test||March 20, 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||April 11 and 12, 2020|
|TISS BAT 2020 exam date||April 28, 2020|
|Declaration of Result||June 8, 2020|
|Counselling starts from||June 2020|
|Announcement of First waitlist||June 24, 2020|
|Document Verification for First waitlist||June 24 – 27, 2020|
|Announcement of Second waitlist||July 4, 2020|
|Document Verification for Second waitlist||July 4 – 7, 2020|
Click Here… For More Information about TISS BAT 2020.
TISS BAT 2020 Registration
Application form for TISS BAT 2020 will be available at the official website of TISS. Candidates can apply for the test till March 20, 2020.Application form for TISS BAT 2020 can be filled online only.
Candidates may follow the steps listed below for applying for TISS BAT 2020:
- Visit the official website of the institute, which is www.tiss.edu.
- On the homepage, candidates need to click on the ‘Admissions’ link.
- On this new page, notification for all programs will be visible. Candidates need to find heading named ‘Bachelors Programs and Integrated Bachelors and Masters Program’.
- Click on the link for ‘BA Admissions’ and click on ‘Apply Online.’
- Application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill all the details and upload the needed documents.
- Make payment for the test. Application fee can be paid by online mode or through SBI Bank Challan.
- Application fee for SC/ST candidates with annual income Less than INR 2.5 lacs and NC-OBC candidates with annual income less than INR 1 lac is INR 275.
- Application fee for all other candidates is INR 1025.
- Candidates who want to fill application form at concessional rates need to upload their Caste certificate and Income certificates as well.
- After making the payment, application form is complete.
- Candidates are advised to have a print out of this form as it may be needed in future.
Click Here to apply for TISS BAT 2020 Examination.
TISS BAT 2020 Admit card
Admit Card for TISS BAT 2020 will be available from April 11 to 12,2020.Candidates can download the admit card from the official website.
Here is a list of steps that candidates can follow to download TISS BAT 2020 Admit Card:
- Go to the official website of the institute.
- On the homepage, candidates need to click on the ‘Admissions’ link.
- A flash link for TISS BAT Admit Card 2020 will be available, click on it.
- Enter your User ID and Password and click on ‘Login’.
- After login, Option to view Admit card will appear on screen.
- Take a printout of the Admit Card for future reference.