KVS Admission 2020-21: Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Notification will be released in the first week of March 2020 for class 1 and application form will be released following the notification and guidelines for class 1. Eligible and interested candidates can Register for KVS admission by filling uo the application form at the official portal www.kvsonlineadmission.in. KVS will fill up the seats for admission by inviting the applications from the eligible candidates, This process of admission takes place every year to fill up the seats that are available across the country.
KVS admission process will be started shortly by providing the application forms. To take part in the admission procss one must check for the eligibility criteria, If there full fill all the eligibility conditions then there can apply. Applying does not mean that you will get admission into the KVS, The KVS administration will select the candidates based on the lucky draw.
All the updates regarding KVS admission for the year 2020-20 will be provided in this article. The important details regarding the application form, eligibility, reservation, selection list and other details will be listed here.
KVS Admission Details
|Admission||Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020-21
|Article type||KVS Admission information
केन्द्रीय विद्यालय प्रवेश
|admitted by||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of the application procedure||Online/Offline|
KVS Admission Notification and Application Form
The links will be active immediately after the release of official notice from the KVS Administration.
|TO BE UPDATED||TO BE UPDATED|
|KVS Admission for Class I||Notification||Application Form|
|KVS Admission for Class II to Class VIII||Notification||Application Form|
|KVS Admission for Class XI (KVS student only)||Notification||Application Form|
|KVS Admission for Class XI (N0n-KVS student)||Notification||Application Form|
KVS Class 1 admission 2020-21 Notification would be released tentatively in the 1st week on March 2020. KVS Class 2 to Class 8 admission forms will be provided in online mode, so the parents have to visit the concern school official website for the admission form. Form availability will be based on vacant seat in class you want to take seat. The registration process will start from early morning 8 AM till 4 PM. As per the schedule, registration will take place for one week till April. For which admission list will be displayed on April 2020 online. Kendriya application form for class 11 will be available after 10 days of release of Class X board result.
KVS Admission 2020-21 Important Dates
|Release of Notification for admission||Last week of February 2020|
|Online registration for class-I||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date for registration for class- I||3rd week of March 2020|
|Release of provisional selection list and admission for class-I||1st List -3rd week of Mar 2020
2nd List – 1st week of April 2020 (Only if seat are vacant)
|Third provisional selection list only if seat remain vacant||3rd List – 3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Second notification for RTE provision, ST, SC (if sufficient number of seat registration not receive)||Notification – last week of Mar 2020
Registration –Last week of March
Admission – 1st week of April 2020
|Registration for class-II on wards (except class-XI)||1st week of April 2020|
|Last date of registration class 2-8||2nd week of April 2020|
|Display of selection list for class-II on wards||2nd week of April 2020|
|Admission to class-II on wards||2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date for admission (except for XI)||Last week of April 2020|
|For KV student only: Registration for class- XI||Within 10 days after the declaration of class 10 board result|
|For KV student only: Declaration of selection list and admission for class-XI||Within 20 days after the declaration of class X board result|
|For Non- KV students: Registration, admission in class 11||Only if seat remain vacant after admission of KV students in class 11|
|Last date for admission to class-XI||1st week of July 2020|
Eligibility for KVS admission
Admission in KV is for central government, state government staff and then for private employee.
KV seats are divided into five categories:
- First preference is given to central govt employees ward.
- Second preference is for army and ex-army child.
- Third selection is for govt. employees.
- Fourth for the single girl child quota where she should not have any siblings.
- Fifth for private or self employed personnel.
Also in defense/central and state government job there are priorities.
- 1st pref. to ward of transferable central govt. staff and ex-servicemen.
- 2nd pref. for non-transferable central government worker and ex-servicemen.
- 3rd to ward of PSU/ autonomous bodies/ Institute if Higher Learning of GOI.
- 4th to transferable state government employees.
- 5th pref. to ward of state government non-transferable employees.
- Last to children of any category if seats are vacant.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Application Form
Following are the instructions to remember while Applying for the KVS Admission 2020-21. Link to application form will be provided in the official portal www.kvsonlineadmission.in.
- The advertisement for application is published in the last week of February by the regional office in the local newspapers.
- The application form is made available through the online/offline mode.
- Candidates or their wards can collect the admission form from the Principal’s Office of the concerned school free of cost.
- Candidates/ Parents are required to fill the form completely and accurately.
- Applicants are required to send or submit the filled-in application form along with the required documents to the Kendriya Vidyalaya concerned within the stipulated dates as mentioned in the notification.
- The application form must be accompanied by the attested copies of required documents.
- Candidates must ensure that the application form is filled completely as incomplete forms and late applications will be rejected.
- No registration fee is applicable.
- Applicants can collect the application form from the school principal free of cost.
KVS Admission Age Limit
Following table contains Age criteria for admission into Class I to Class X
|Class||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
Relaxation of two years in the upper age of the differently abled students is applicable.
Eligibility for admission to class XI
- There is no upper and lower age limit for admission into class XI.
- Admission of KV students in various KVS is done on the basis of marks in obtained in class X.
Admission process will be done based on the percentage acquired in the Class X Board Exam and to get admission in the following stream the students must get the mentioned percentage:
- Humanities Stream- All students who have passed the class X examination
- Science Stream- Students must have obtained at least 60% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
- Commerce Stream- Students must have obtained a minimum 55% marks aggregate in all the subjects.
KVS Admission Reservation
The Reservation is available based on the category of the student:
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Differently abled candidates||3%|
|Economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society||25%|
KVS Admission Selection list
- List of registration of candidates, list of eligible candidates, list of selected candidates, waiting list and all the other lists will be published on the official website of the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya school and also on Notice Boards of the schools.
- The selection list of class- I will be declared in the 3rd week of March to the 2nd week of April 2020.
- Selection list of Class II to Class VIII will be declared in 2nd week of April 2020.
- Selection list for Class XI will be displayed within the 20 days of the publication of the result.
Required Documents For KVS Admission
Students must keep the following documents ready at the time of admission
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) for Class-I.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of PSU employees and Members of Parliament.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of KVS employees.
- Proof of residence
- Category certificate (SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL)
- Certificate of disability/handicapped
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed defense employees.
- Certificate showing the number of transfers.
Kendriya Vidyalaya School Admission
- Kendriya Vidyalaya advertisement and application form for admission is likely to release in the month of February 2020.
- Candidates must apply only if there is a vacancy in the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- The mere application does not confirm the admission of an applicant to the school.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Application forms must be submitted to the respective school on time.
- The documents submitted along with the application form must be genuine. Admission secured on the basis of wrong information and documents will be canceled.
- KVS Admission in class II to class VIII is made on the basis of a priority category system.
- KVS Admission to class XI is done on the basis of an admission test.
- Students are advised to stay in touch with the official website of the respective KV and with our page for the latest updates and information regarding the admission.
Few Faqs About This Post
What is the Admission process for Class 9?
An Admission test will be conducted for 100 marks. The questions will be given from the following subjects Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science, 20 marks will be allotted for each subject.
What is the process of Admission for Class 11?
The students will be selected for admission into class 11 based on the marks obtained in Class X.
When we can expect Application Forms for Class I Admission?
The Tentative date of release of Notification and guidelines is February last week where as the applications will be invited from 1st week of march.