CLAT 2020 Notification – Apply Online, Application form, admit card, eligibility, pattern and syllabus are discussed below. CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) is all india common entrance examination. CLAT Examination conducted by NLUs ( National Law Universities ) of India. It is organizes for offering admission into UG and PG degree programs of law. Through this examination, appearing candidate can get admission in various universities in all over India. CLAT 2020 Application Form is starting from 1st January 2020. Last date to fill application form 31st March 2020.
CLAT 2020 Notification – Apply Online
|Name Of The Organization||Consortium of National Law Universities (NLU)|
|Name Of The Examination||Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)|
|Notification release date||Released On 16th December 2019|
|Application Starting Date||1st January 2020(Available Now)|
|Last Date To Apply||31st March 2020|
|Sub Category||Law Entrance Exams|
|Date Of Written Exam||10th May 2020|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB, B.Sc LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB, BSW LLB, and, LLM|
CLAT 2020 Eligibility
For UG Programme :
- Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit for UG programme in CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should qualify the class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- Percentage: 45% marks in case of the candidates belonging to unreserved/OBC/specially abled person (SAP) and other categories and 40% marks in case of the candidates belonging to SC or ST categories.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2020 also eligible for the appearing in CLAT 2020 online examination. They shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing of their qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
For PG Programme :
- Age limit: No upper age limit prescribed for appearing CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination i.e. LL.B or any other equivalent exam.
- Minimum Marks: 55% marks in case of the candidate is belonging to unreserved categories/OBC and other categories. 50% marks in case of candidate belonging to schedule cast/ schedule tribe.
- Appearing Candidates: The candidate must passed/appeared in the final semester or final year of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
Law aspirants of CLAT 2020 will access the admit card through Online Mode. It will be available from the on 3rd week of April 2020. Candidate will be required to login their registered account to download the admit card. Candidates are also advised to check the details mentioned on CLAT Admit Card. Also it is advised to save a Copy of CLAT admit card for future references.
CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: As per the CLAT 2020 exam pattern, the test will be held in offline mode.
- Duration: Candidate will be given 2 hours to attempt the law examinations.
- Sections: There are two sections in PG CLAT – Objective and Descriptive Section.
- Number & Type of Questions: There will be total 150 (for UG) & 150 (for PG) of multiple choice questions.
- Marking: Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark each and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Language: The questions of CLAT 2020 will be in English language only.
|Course||Subjects||Total Questions & Total Marks|
|For UG courses (Integrated)||Quantitative Techniques||150 questions & 150 marks|
|Current affairs including general knowledge|
|For PG Courses||Jurisprudence||102 questions (100 objective & 2 descriptive) & 150 marks|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc|
CLAT 2020 Syllabus
English including comprehension :
In the comprehension section candidate will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meaning of words used therein, etc. the grammar section requires correction and incorrect in grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General knowledge And Current Affairs :
The general knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Question on current affaires will test the candidates on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
This section will test the candidate’s knowledge of elementary mathematics.
Legal Aptitude :
The section will test the candidate’s interest toward the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Some preposition may not be “true” in the real sense, candidate will have to assume the “truth” of these prepositions and answer the question accordingly.
Logical Reasoning :
It may include the variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
CLAT 2020 Application Form
- The application form is available through Online mode only.
- Application form is available from 1st January 2020.
- Candidate needs to fill the Valid Details in the application form.
- Candidate will need their Email ID for the online registration.
- Once candidate will create the login id and password after that they have to Upload the scanned copies of Documents, signature and passport size photograph.
- Submit the application form and take the Print out of it. Keep the printout till the admission procedure.
- Rs. 4000/- for General/OBC/PWD/SAP
- Rs. 3500/- for SC/ST
Application fee can be paid through online (by debit card/credit card) mode.
Click Here to More information about CLAT 2020.